Classic Construction Meets Sustainable Design
Laminated bamboo is available to integrate into many of Superior’s pre-engineered steel structures, from rafters to columns, offering the traditional look of steel with the sought-after natural look of laminated bamboo. In doing so, any Superior shelter with the Lamboo® integration will be eligible for LEED certification points, an area of importance for those looking to create a more sustainable outdoor environment.
Superior Shelters + Lamboo® = LEED Credits
Any Superior shelter integrated with Lamboo® will be eligible for the following USGBC LEED® credits.
- MR Credit 6: Rapidly Renewable Materials
- MR Credit 7: Certified Wood (available upon request)
- IEQ Credit 4.4: Low-emitting Materials
- ID Credit 1: Environmental Preferable Material
- ID Credit 2: Life Cycle Assessment/Environmental Impact
Why choose laminated bamboo for my pergola?
- Over 30% more stable in moisture and temperature changes.
- Over 3 times stronger mechanically than softwood plywood.
- 10 year limited warranty
- Bamboo has natural anti-fungal & anti-bacterial agents.
- Bamboo forests sequester 30% more carbon than like sized timber forests.
- Read more about the benefits of laminated bamboo .